Friday, July 14, 2006

Experiencing Fatherhood!


On 21st February 2006, at 4:30 in the afternoon, we were blessed with a baby girl! :-) The baby was three weeks premature and her sweet wailing still rings in my ears. I couldn't believe I was holding my own daughter. My heart was racing. My hands trembled. My knees felt weak. My eyes welled.
It has been amazing to experience fatherhood. My heart was so full with happiness when I looked at her and held her for the first time that it brought tears to my eyes!

I have heard it from many fathers before that you cannot express what you feel when you become a father for the first time and now I agree with them! It is one of the biggest moments in one’s life. Bigger that anything that I have experienced before!

Every other worry, every other thing, every other person, every other relationship becomes secondary to this one little bundle of joy. The “connection” that you feel to this one person is unmatched. Procreation is beautiful. May be the satisfaction that you feel by looking at your own child has something to do with “biological purpose” of every living being on this planet. God has designed us in such a way that bearing an offspring gives us so much joy that we want to experience it again ourselves and explain it to others. This automatically ensures “immortality” of life itself. You may not live on forever, but you will.

Ananya has got very beautiful eyes – large and intelligent. She appears flawless to me and that may be because I am her father. But I have no doubt looking at her, and I have tried my best to be neutral, that she has got an intelligent mind. Whether my assessment is close to reality only time will tell! I pray to God Almighty that it be right!

I’m enjoying every day of her life and she looks different everyday! :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Abhijit Bathe said...

Way to go Baba!
This is going to go a long way for us to understand you and Ananya!

Monday, July 17, 2006 4:40:00 am  
Blogger सर्किट said...

Sahii re baba.. sahii..!!! :-)

Very nice photo of Ananya, and well narrated by you.. Keep it going, and I am happy that you took time to write your first post on first blog. Now you'll be unstoppable.! ;-) I hope so..

Aamenn! Our best wishes are & will always be with Ananya, & she'll definitely make us proud.

Fir 20/25 saal baad loag tuze dekh ke bolenge, "woh dekho Ananya ka baap jaa raha hai.." hume dekhke, "woh dekho Ananya ka chacha jaa raha hai.." :-D

Cheers!!
Abhi/

Monday, July 17, 2006 8:48:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Heman ,

Chhan lihila aahe ekdum blogg !!!
anu cha photo khupp chhan aahe :-)

she is so cute like me :-P

Ha ha ha !!!

Ash.

Saturday, July 22, 2006 2:38:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Majale, Blog was too good but the best part is A's pic :-D She is looking too cute... Main abhi bhi jab uske baare main sochti thi to uska woh pehle ke pics he dimaag main aate the.. i never realised ki ab tak to woh kaafi badi ho gayi hogi :-O Pic dekhke i was a bit surprised.. kaafi badi lag rahi hai... and surely she's looking Intell Pentium with her big eyes :-)
I must say.... this blogging funda is cool.... Good going ....
BBG

Thursday, July 27, 2006 8:53:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kya baat hai Majale :-) mazaa aagaya padh ke and Annu bitiyaa ko dekh ke. Kya aaankhe'n hai bitiya ke :-) ekdum intell hain, no doubt. anothe robservation is her Forehead. height notice kiyaa ?? full of masala in it unlike her Father :p

Ye blogging mast rahne ka re majale.. mail na sahi, is ko update karte rahne ka re :p

BBK

Thursday, July 27, 2006 12:24:00 pm  
Blogger सर्किट said...

:-))
Anu biTiya ka yeah photo bahut hi masta hai yaar. :-)
aisa lagta hai jaise usne hume kuchh fuNDoo puzzle diya hai solve karneko, aur uus puzzle se hamari waTT lagi huwi hai, aur yeah madam masta maze leke humse answer milneka wait karr rahi hai.. :-D

Friday, July 28, 2006 10:36:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home